Home » , , , , » Tutorial Thursday {Cutting Out Images}

Tutorial Thursday {Cutting Out Images}



DSC05659vv






Hi everyone!! lots of people have asked me how I cutout tight spots in my images so I thought I’d give you a few tips. First up you need a image you colored, I have SWEET Buccaneer Marci all colored and trimmed around. Next you will want a pair of small SHARP Scissors. I always need my reading glasses, for the fine details.












Then I start trimming around my image about an 1/8 of an inch. Just follow your image all the way around.












Ok now this is where I cheat a bit, I cut between her boots cutting on the solid line between them. Many people like to use a craft knife for this, so that there isn’t a cut on her boots. I haven’t mastered the art of cutting with a knife and end up wrecking my image.












Here she is all cut out, you can see where I sliced between her boots. You can leave her like that or I sometimes but a little piece of tape on the back, so you don’t notice the seam. See my finished project below, you don’t even notice the seam.










Skin: E00, E11, R20


Hair: Y23, E31


Grey: T2, T5, T7


Outfit: RV66, RV63, RV69


Orange: YR07, YR04












I used this technique on Cowgirl Marci's rope! You can see my Cowgirl Marci post HERE!!






Hugs Cindy XXOO

0 comments:

Post a Comment