Home » , , , » Recent Makes

Recent Makes

In the last couple of months, I've made some things from others' patterns that I wanted to show off.  :)




I made two scallop scarves from a Lion Brand pattern, which I looooove. I used the recommended Vanna's Choice.  The scarves turned out so cushy and pretty, and it's a really simple pattern that's easy to follow and pretty fast.  I am definitely going to make more of these.


For myself, I made a hat, since we spent Christmas in the cold Northeast.  I used the Deeply Textured Hat pattern from The Laughing Willow.  I used Full O' Sheep wool, which is kinda itchy, but I love the clean look of the texture.  And it's very warm.  :)  I also made one for my sister, not pictured, but on hers I crab-stitched around the last row, which was a nice finishing touch!


Most recently, I made these Mitten Time mittens from Crochet Soiree for my sister.  (Crochet Soiree link was broken (they took the pattern off the site) so I removed it.  I can't host the pattern on my site, but I can share it with you directly.  If you want it, email me and I will send the PDF to you. allicraftsblog AT gmail DOT com)  My favorite parts of this pattern - though it is worked in rounds, you turn on every round, which creates a more detailed texture than a pattern worked continuously in rounds.  And, of course, the bobbles!  It's hard to find cute crocheted mittens, but I think these hit the mark.  I used an alpaca wool from a LYS near where my parents live.  (They turned out far from perfect!  Not too bad for my first pair, though, and I have no doubt that, if my sister notices, she won't mind!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment